Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy, then sad

Happy to go home in a week. Sad to be leaving the best job ever. Happy to get to do new things. Sad that those new things will probably be tedious and boring. Really, really sad that my last case here is a clusterfuck and I'm at a loss after more than a week of working on it. I think I've typed one sentence for my memo and I think it says what the standard of review is. I've never felt dumber in my whole life. Even when I took income tax. But I figure going out with a whimper isn't all that awful. It's not like I got fired.

In other news, we went to BFE, Maine for Ann & James's wedding. It was pretty, the weather was nice, the wedding was fun. Ann looked fabulous in a gorgeous Melissa Sweet confection that pretty much reminded everyone that she's tall and thin enough to pull off a drop waist (or maybe I'm the only one who (a) knows what a drop waist is and (b) knows enough to know that I can't wear a drop waist).

I finally got my turn at the library for the Clarence Thomas biography that came out in April. I'm about halfway done and, so far, it hasn't annoyed me as much as I thought it would. I've heard a ton about the book, but I'm reserving judgment until I'm all done with it. I'm gearing up for the real deal this fall and I can't wait. No comments from the peanut gallery, especially anyone wanting to say, "but I thought you were a liberal." I was just fooling you.

1 comment:

blogazon said...

But I thought you were a liberal? How could you clerk for Thomas? Oh wait, I see, you are being subversive...