Tuesday, November 06, 2007

crappy music made crappier

Given my taste in music, I'm barely ashamed to admit I like a Fergie song. But I do. The slow one that's good sing-a-long stuff in the car. What I don't like is when I think I hear the song, but it turns out to be some shitty techno/hip-hop remix. I mean really, what's with the need to take a perfectly good song and add annoying and weird club music on top of it? I'm not going to say that I get dance or club music (or whatever it's called), but why, God, why do it badly and why do radio stations play this crap?

I'm officially a married woman. The wedding went off almost without a hitch and I only had to pull a bridezilla once (and for a very good reason). I got a little stressed out here and there, but 2 hours before the wedding I was laying in my bed at the hotel with my sister and sisters-in-law watching Say Yes to the Dress. My dress fit perfectly - I could eat and barely breathe. My awesome Stuart Weitzman's didn't really start to hurt until the end of the night; pretty good for four-inch heels. Not too shabby, I'd say. Not that I ever want to plan a wedding ever again. Or a party, for that matter. I took the Monday after the wedding off (okay, I did some doc review on the couch) while the hubby worked diligently on school stuff. I've been working lawyer hours for the past week, including some good time at the office this weekend. Good stuff, though. And hopefully I won't screw it up.

8 comments:

seedless grape said...

Congratulations!!!

Wendell said...

Congrats, it was a great wedding!

blogazon said...

Fergie is fergalicious, esp, when her London Bridge is coming down. I think the point of putting pop songs to crappy techno is to try to make the gays like the song more. It usually doesn't work.

you like raisins said...

I wasn't going to go there, but that's what I suspected all along.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Mani

Anonymous said...

Clumsy by Fergie...you'll like it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Wendell said...

Has Big Law already trapped your soul so you no longer have a second to blog?