Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thank you Billy Blanks

Yes, I am doing Tae Bo.  The workout craze of the, what, late nineties?  So I'm 10 years too late. Whatever.  All I know is that I totally touched my toes yesterday.  I have never been able to touch my toes.  Even when i was little and in gymnastics and could do the splits with my face on the floor.  But I could practically put my palms on the floor yesterday after 35 minutes with Billy Blanks.  Yippee!!  I do, however, look like a total ass when doing tae bo.  My coordination is such that cardio can only be done in the privacy of my own home.

I'm also taking a beginner yoga class with a friend.  I can't bring myself to "om."  It's just not me.  But the after-class tea is super-yummy.    Only issue us that there's totally a ringer in there who raises her hand and uses fancy yoga words.  I like to shoot her the stink eye.  A lot.  Along with the people who are there because they used to "study yoga" but fell out of practice.  It's like there's all these people who visited an ashram once and now say that they were students of yoga.  Why the beginner class, folks?  I'm sure yoga class isn't the place to judge.  Whatever.  I'm a judger.  Sue me.  Maybe I just need more yoga.

2 comments:

blogazon said...

yay beginner yoga! I'm still a beginner after more than a year, but my take is that yoga is a personal journey, not a competition. So screw the show offs who have been to an asram and need to feel superior to those of us who have not.

Anonymous said...

Yoga is awesome. I hope you enjoy it. I still do it every once in a while.