Friday, March 02, 2007

Bring on the hotness

I'm not hot. At best, I'm probably cute. Assuming I've showered, done my hair, and put on a smidge of makeup. But I love getting older because the "I don't give a shit what you think, I look hot today" feeling is easier to come by. Call it the Sharon Stone effect. I just bought a new dress that's great for some upcoming events and weddings. It involves colors other than black or dark brown. It's knee length, which is shorter that what I normally would wear since I generally hate my toothpick legs. It's got a pattern!! And I can't wait to wear it. I'm even starting to appreciate my legs. That's going to be a harder, slower process.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So where did you get it?

you like raisins said...

Local boutique. Department stores overwhelm me. So I pay out the ass.

Anonymous said...

Funny, I was just thinking about how my definition of beauty has evolved over the past few years. I've come to the conclusion that knowing who you are and owning it is hot. Kudos to you.

Teeny

Administrator said...

You will be rocking it at the TLR banquet, right? If not, you at least better be making an appearance at said banquet.