Saturday, June 09, 2007

Early to rise . . .

Makes for a really, really long day. I woke up at like 7:30 this morning, which is highly unusual since I'm generally a marathon sleeper on the weekends. According to the fiance, my capacity for sleep is of Olympic proportions. I only mind waking up early because it makes for such a long day and a lot of time to waste.

Not much is happening here. Shocking, I know. You'd think that living in a mid-size city in the middle of the country with two cats and practically no friends would produce many an anecdote. But, no. But I only have about 2 1/2 months left here. I love my job, but I'm excited to get back. Going to work, maybe not so much. But someone's got to pay for the lavish lifestyle to which I will become accustomed. You know, like having DVR and more than one pair of work shoes. The fiance and I will be supervising the move into a new apartment at the end of July. We managed to find an Alexan in BFE, which is good for the fiance's commute. I'm sure the folks at the Alexan will be happy to rip me off when the time comes to move out, but all apartment complexes exist to rip people off, so I guess there's really not much to be done about it. And at least my apartment won't have cabinets made of plywood and the water might actually work on a daily basis, which will be cool. Although I'm sure my fiance will miss all the dog shit people leave laying around at our current place.

In other news, I have reached a hair milestone. I can manage a tiny, sad ponytail. It's been more than 10 years since I've been able to manage a ponytail. Kudos to me!!

No comments: