Saturday, September 22, 2007

The good life . . . for a week

The first week of work wasn't bad. I got my Blackberry and I'm not popular enough that I actually need it yet. So I learned how to play Brickbreaker. The best part was watching UT kick Rice around DKR Stadium from the firm's sky box. Apparently someone couldn't make it to the game, so I got the last-minute call. I'm pretty sure low-on-the-totem-pole associates don't really get to experience the sky box, let alone, first-week associates. So the law firm gods smiled on me this week. Except for when they made me see, while walking to the game, the zillion sorority chicks in denim mini skirts and cowboy boots. That kind of sucked.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take comfort in the fact that gravity will meet the sorority chicks soon.

Teeny

seedless grape said...

Hey, Raisins--just wanted to let you know that "Call [Raisins] (rules clerk applicant) [phone number]" is on a certain judge's calendar for next Monday. I thought you could use a heads-up--have something good to say to her!

seedless grape said...

Well, don't I feel ridiculous. You're on the calendar for 10/30. Sorry about that--but at least you know wellllll well well well in advance now.

you like raisins said...

Thanks for the head's up!