Sunday, February 24, 2008

Karma's sort of broken

We've all met those people who apparently feel it necessary to make other people look or feel bad to make themselves look or feel better. I'd like to think that karma's a bitch, blah, blah, blah and that surely such people don't get ahead. But I think we all know that they do get ahead and that they probably actually get quite far. At least the smart ones. Unless these people end up with nasty cases of athlete's foot that I don't know about, karma doesn't actually seem to be a bitch. And that sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to think that the existential version of karma is schadenfreude.

For example, an associate uses the backs of his fellow associates to climb up the partner track. I think: "Ha ha, you're a fucking partner. Enjoy your life of fence-painting, dork."

I jest. But only kind of.

-Divisadero