Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Austin, here I come!

Maybe for good in 2007. I still don't know what I am doing after my current gig ends, but I don't think I can handle a big production involving trying to replace what I lost. Besides, I am clearly tainted with bad ju-ju. Which is weird because I consider myself to be karmically sound: I don't litter, I'm polite, I almost always offer to push the elevator button for someone else even though I think pushing the button is totally unnecessary, I give to any charity that sends me free address labels, I give really nice clothes to Goodwill. Have I pissed off some higher power? Is it because I so enjoy the gossip mongering of celebrity tabloids? Is it because I spend too much time concerned with inane things like my highlights or the fact that I am an assless wonder whose pants tend to be ill-fitting? Of course, there's the possibility that this is one of those things where a door closes and a window opens, blah, blah, blah. I shouldn't be so quick to take stock.

I will have feelers out in a limited area and if nothing pans out in that area, then I'm headed back to Austin to become a Crackberry addict a year earlier than planned. I have started to look at the bright side (three words: nice ass television; and my other half). Will a firm that pays relocation expenses pay to move you from your crappy law school apartment into a nicer one in the same city? I figure the firm should accommodate such a request. It's not like I'm some Harvard punk costing them thousands of dollars to haul my stuff from Cambridge.

Onward and upward.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!! Liz back in Austin would rock. And heck yea they will pay relocation fees. Every job I ever had out of college offered relocation. ALK spend over $10k moving our crap to NY and back and you know our stuff is crap. I know Mr. Raisins will be so happy too. Best of luck with the future. By the way, I think you jeans look nice on you.

Wendell said...

I think you mean 'I'nane.

Anonymous said...

I can't feel too bad for you if your predicament means moving back to Austin and earning crazy monopoly money.

Also, I don't know what exactly fell through, but I can guess. And if I'm guessing right, you're missing out on a year of agony and stress. I'd rather have Rudy's BBQ, a huge paycheck, and a crackberry leash.

Probative said...

Ya what Divi said.

Think of the economic opportunity cost you will saving by NOT clerking again.