Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Hazard pay?

Sometimes oral argument has the same effect that taking a handful of sleeping pills would. Especially when you're freezing your ass off. And then you have to get in the car and drive home, which strikes me as dangerous.

And lawyers from Tennessee have an interesting habit of noting for the court that they are either a member of the Tennessee bar or, more specifically, what city's bar association they are a member of. I think I have seen one lawyer from Ohio do this, and I think it was because he argued after the Tennessee people and maybe thought he was supposed to tell the court that he is in fact a member of a bar somewhere. Fascinating.

I have been watching the new salary pissing match taking place in New York. Crossing my fingers for a little spillover. But not holding my breath. Since I don't want to die.

I heard Wilson Phillips today. I sang along and it was awesome. Hold on for one more day. Werd.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do salary bumps mean higher hours expectations? That's always my concern.

One day I'll start the 1500 hours for $80,000/year law firm and steal the world's most qualified lazy lawyers. Together we shall rule the legal world, expect on weekends and the latter half of Fridays, when we'll have casually drunk casual Fridays.

Anonymous said...

Where can I sign up, divisadero?

Anonymous said...

First you have to qualify via a firm write-on. (Raisins will put the packet together for you.) Then you have to BBCC my stupid briefs and find authority for me because I'm to lazy to. You'll also have to provide breakfast tacos every Thursday morning.

If you do that for a year, you can become a partner in my lazy-man's law firm. We might even provide you with a partner position.

Savvy?

blogazon said...

sign me up to receive the write on packet. of course, I was too lazy to even try back at UT...I went to a beach town in Brazil instead.

did I mention that I make my own kick-ass breakfast tacos?