Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The travails of living alone

I cooked tonight. It took me like 30 minutes to get the lid of the jar of salsa and I got so frustrated that I cried. I normally don't like to to do the whole weak woman thing asking her neighbor to open her jar, but tonight it was necessary. Of course, no one was home. So, I cried. But then I remembered the leather gloves (thanks, Barbara!) and that was the key.

I cooked enchiladas and I have a shit ton of leftovers. Looks like it's Mexican for the foreseeable future. Yet another reason that living alone sucks - no decent way to make enchiladas for one that I have discovered. I guess I could freeze the leftovers, but I don't like post-frozen food. It's never quite right to me.

Still no word on what I'm doing next year. I'm not looking on the bright side. I know it's there, I just don't want to hear about it.

1 comment:

blogazon said...

Try making a half recipe. The determining factor is whether an odd number of eggs is involved.