Sunday, December 17, 2006

Happy Holidays, whoever you are

I got one of those Christmas letters in the mail. It was addressed to the 2-bedroom apartment my fiance and I used to live in, and delivered to the one-bedroom we started living in around the start of law school. Along with the letter was a lovely picture of three blonde kids wishing me a Merry Christmas. But I have no idea who the people are that sent it to me. It came from Charleston, S.C. and for the life of me I don't know why they sent me the update letter. I was a little annoyed because (assuming the last name of this family is "Smith") the thing says "Merry Christmas from the Smith's." What's up with the possessive? I was like, the Smith's what? Their dog? But then I started to like the Smiths because the letter was awesome. I started reading it and rolled my eyes because it was the typical year-end spiel highlighting how the oldest kid cured cancer and the youngest is an Olympic bobsledder. Then I flipped over to the back and it said that if you know them, you know the letter on the front was a joke. Well, of course I don't know them, so I didn't know it was a joke. But then I reread the letter and it was pretty funny. So, Merry Christmas to you, too, stranger family.

I am back in Texas. I woke up really early yesterday to get here. I then slept for like six hours. I am such a baby when I have to wake up early. I flew through Cleveland. Bad idea. The airport there sucks. It's like Highland Mall - like weird off-brand food that's twice the price of what the offerings from a regular fast food place would be. And then I had to fly in a little plane all the way to Texas. I always have to take a little plane to wherever my connection is, but I don't like the little planes. I don't like flying in general, and being in a little plane makes it worse. You can feel every bump and I think the plane even shudders when the pilot farts. Just makes me nervous.

Shout out to my sister for running 20 miles yesterday. She's training for a marathon (don't even get me started on why people will pay like $30 to run 26 miles). She's insane. But good for her!!!

2 comments:

seedless grape said...

Welcome back for the holidays. Hope you're enjoying the mild weather and a nice break from work!

Unknown said...

I like the comparison to Highland Mall.