Friday, December 22, 2006

What I learned this week

I learned that "inane" is not pronounced with a long "i." It's one of those words that I don't think I had ever heard spoken out loud, so I always went with the long "i" because I really didn't think it would be pronounced any other way. And then I got called on it in a somewhat embarrassing way. That sucked. I mean, what's the point of calling someone out in front of other people and being like "did you just say I-nane?" just to highlight that I've said it wrong. Maybe it's how we say it here (is it?), maybe I was accenting the "i" sound to really highlight how inane something was. Anyways, I guess that's the last time I say something out loud without checking the pronunciation key in the dictionary.

I learned that my fiance rocks. I mean, I knew that before I got here, but it's nice to be home with him and his awesomeness.

I learned that Talladega Nights sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing this and I got, at most, a few chuckles out of it. In other news, I really liked The Devil Wears Prada.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to quit trying to pronounce "certiorari." Although I know the correct pronunciation, it never seems to come out right, making me look like a fool.