Sunday, December 31, 2006

Resolution for 2007

I normally don't make a new year's resolution. But this year, I resolve to be happier. I know, I know. It sounds like some non-resolution resolution. But my plan is to facilitate this goal by not comparing myself to other people. When I do this, I pick the top .005% of people out there and end up feeling like a loser.* Unless it's Britney Spears. I always feel like a winner when I read about her. This is a wuss resolution since I generally subscribe to the view that one should be happy with oneself and accomplishments, blah, blah, blah. So, it's more of resolution to stop doing something that I don't do that often, but when I do, makes me depressed.

In other news, looks like my long habit of skipping lunch explains my brilliance. "Facing the LSAT, a final exam or a half-day job interview [or, trying to figure out some dicked-up area of the law]? Go in mildly hungry, not carbo-loaded for endurance, and snack to maintain that edgy state." See, yogurt and animal crackers - the diet of champions.

* You may be wondering, "top .0005% of what? Well, anything. The chick in the Pantene commercial with dreamy hair; the hot chick who jogs down my street and manages to have a tan in the winter that doesn't look like the result of fake tanning; anyone with healthy, strong fingernails; Supreme Court clerks; people who live with hardwood floors and cats who have managed to solve the age-old problem of litter tracking. And for those of you thinking that I am a malcontent who should be medicated, I don't actually spend that much of time worrying about other people and how I stack up. It's just that when I do, I manage to pick the wrong people.

1 comment:

Administrator said...

This explains why I'm at my best at work when I have two power bars and a Sunkist. 46 grams of protein: it's like meat candy!