Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Nice timing

Part of my horoscope today: "it's best to avoid participating in capitalism." Well, thanks. This is the advice I get five days before Christmas?? I have one present to go. Unless this lucky person wants something from the dumpster, I guess I'll have to ignore the advice of the stars.

I have writer's block. I keep trying to put a thought into words and then I delete what I just wrote. And then repeat this process over and over again. I'm getting a little frustrated. But then I try to picture Einstein pulling his crazy hair out and feeling like an idiot when coming up with the theory of relativity or whatever, and I feel better. I'm not saying that what I do is akin to what Einstein did (hey, I don't even know what the theory of relativity is), but it lifts me up a little. Thinking of geniuses feeling stupid always makes me feel better when I feel stupid.

1 comment:

David Mader said...

Where are you reading your horoscopes - the Daily Worker? Yeesh. Talk about a liberal media.

/right-wing-crankiness