Thursday, February 08, 2007

competitive nature + eBay = recipe for disaster

I bought a wedding dress today. Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done. I had seen a dress that I loved, but it was $2000 (this would be over my budget) and sold out (which is good since I can be bad with budgets). But then I see a sample on eBay that I could snap up for less than $1000. So I did. I think part of the reason I did this was because at least 10 others were watching the dress and I just could not let some bitch get my dress! Anyways, I feel this may not have been the smartest move since I haven't tried it on. The color may look awful on me. It may make me look short. Who knows. But I guess I can put it up for sale should things not work out. But hopefully it will be awesome. Unfortunately, I paid using PayPal without noticing that my PayPal account was linked to an old checking account that has $2 in it. So then I got to run to my bank and pay $25 for a wire transfer so that I can pay for the dress. And the only reason I could afford the wire transfer was because my rent check hasn't cleared yet. I can't wait to have money. Planning a wedding while living paycheck to paycheck sucks.

In other wedding news, I think I have found the coolest wedding reception favors ever. I'm probably spending too much on them. But my mom offered to pay for them. Considering that my better half and I are paying for the wedding, I think I just may let her. We'll see. Either way, my wedding guests will walk away with a little something that makes them think that I'm like the coolest bride ever. Which I am.

I made an appointment to look at a place in Austin that has good wedding location potential. It looks nice on the web and doesn't appear to be outrageously expensive. I still wouldn't mind having it at my friend's house, but then I get overwhelmed thinking about renting tables and chairs and linens, etc... I figure that, at the end of the day, it may be just as expensive to have the wedding at the house. More expensive if pain-in-the-ass considerations can be translated into dollar amounts.

Did anyone see the Emerald Nuts commercial with Robert Goulet on Super Bowl Sunday? I thought it was hilarious and when I'm tired at work, it's fun to say that Robert Goulet is stalking me. Apparently some people didn't think it was funny. These people clearly don't have office jobs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the dress! I think its funny that as a consequence there are 10 dismayed brides. Alls fair in love and war...

Teeny

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you bought the wedding dress Anna Nicole wore to wed the old dude. If you didn't, it has to be on ebay somewhere so maybe there's still time.

Administrator said...

Anna Nicole's dress is probably an exhibit in a trial somewhere at this point.

Do you realize that both of the parties in her probate suit are now dead (her dead husband's son died last year)? This means it's the estate of an estate fighting whatever guardian at litem gets appointed to oversee Dannielynn (Anna Nicole's new daughter)'s interests. Maybe it will go back to the Supreme Court at this rate.