Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cookies = love

My other half showed me up on Valentine's Day. We were talking about the fact that its Girl Scout Cookie season and that I had yet to stumble upon cookie sales. I checked the web site for the local troop or cabal, or whatever the local organization is called, but it was unhelpful. I opened my door to check the mail and, lo and behold, a dozen boxes of Samoas.* Just for me. Someone loves me! And I love him. So much that I sent him a card.

I hate living in a basketball town. For the second week in a row, Criminal Minds was preempted for stupid college basketball. I'm still getting over the fact that last week's preemption prevented me from seeing Part 2 of a to-be-continued. Jerks.

I got my Chi in the mail today and took it for a test drive. My hair has never been flatter. Thanks, Jenn, for helping to make me prettier and shallower!

* I realize that the official name was changed to something lame like Caramel Delites because apparently someone thought it was offensive to name an awesome confectionary delight after this specific group of Pacific Islanders. But the box they came in says "Samoas" so I'm sticking with the name.

4 comments:

Wendell said...

College basketball is not stupid and should preempt all television shows. You might lose 10% of your readership if I read something like that again.

Kudos to Mr. Raisins.

Anonymous said...

Criminal Minds?

Anonymous said...

The Chi changed my life. Congratulations!

you like raisins said...

It's a show on CBS about a unit of FBI profilers who travel around catching psychos. I maybe have a bit of a crush on the hot black guy and the skinny nerdy guy.