Sunday, February 04, 2007

Snow shoes?

Well, it's been snowing here. Nothing too bad in well-traveled areas like parking lots. But about two inches in my driveway. I'm annoyed mostly because it's really cold and I am keeping my apartment cool to save money. It wasn't until I moved here and saw my first winter gas bill that I understood why people would accept free heating oil from Hugo Chavez. Keeping warm is expensive. I'm also annoyed because I can't wear my normal shoes to work because the snow is too deep. Which means I have to wear boots. And I like my boots. It's just that they don't really go with most of my pants. Granted, it's just about guaranteed that no one at work has even noticed that I am wearing boots and not regular heels, let alone questioned whether the boots go with my pants. But I know. And it's killing me softly. I was pretty sure before, but now I am certain - seasons are totally overrated.

Wedding planning has gotten easier. My future sisters-in-law are saints. They actually want to help me plan this madness. And I get the sense that they enjoy stuff like this. Knowing that they're there to help makes the whole process seem doable and I'm getting excited about it. Hopefully I can settle on a location when I am in Austin later this month. I'll also go dress shopping, which is what I am really looking forward to. I have a good friend who happens to do invitations for a living. I have put out feelers to photographers. I feel like it's becoming manageable. Today I started thinking about registering for stuff. This is kind of hard because it requires imagining myself as a domestic diva of sorts (and by "domestic diva" I mean someone who uses cookware or kitchen gadgets other than a microwave). I don't really know what a proper kitchen requires. I figure I'll cook at some point and some things will come in handy. I just don't know what those things are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't bust my bubble about seasons! :) I'm looking forward to the prospect of leaving Texas and being somewhere that has 4 (instead of just 2 - winter and summer) seasons.

you like raisins said...

The kids will like it. So, at least I haven't totally busted your bubble =)