Thursday, October 19, 2006

That's what friends are for

Yesterday the office went on a field trip. We spent the afternoon at the racetrack, which was pretty fun. It was a nice day and it was good to get away from the office. One of my coworkers came out of his office with a bolo tie on. The clasp was turquoise. It was a souvenir from Arizona. I stopped him and told him that (1) he wasn't going to a rodeo and (2) it's never okay to wear a bolo tie. I am sure there are old timers out there for whom a bolo tie makes perfect sense. Maybe even one with a turquoise clasp (that's a really big maybe). If you're a New Yorker who got here by way of D.C. by way of Chicago, it will never make sense. Save it for the vacation to the dude ranch.

I felt a little bad about posting this because it probably seems mean. But then I figured that the fifteen people who ever read this don't know this guy. And a bolo tie is always funny.

In other news, it's raining. It always rains on Thursdays here. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd go find some almanac to see if this is something that other people have noticed. I don't even watch the weather on Wednesday nights. Because I know it will rain on Thursday.

No comments: