Saturday, October 21, 2006

Victory!

I fried 2 eggs over easy last night. You may be thinking, "so the hell what." But I think I have successfully fried an egg once in my entire life. And to actually flip the eggs without breaking the yolks? Amazing. This was the first time I have cooked since I moved here. I have the worst eating habits ever. I really don't like to cook. I don't really know how to cook. I am lazy. I am the kind of person who will eat cereal every night for a week because it's just easier. I don't have a relationship with food. I like food. I like good food. But I generally don't care what I eat.

I spent some money today, but also saved some money. The kind folks at the eye doctor wouldn't release my contact lens prescription until I came in so they could check to make sure my contacts were okay. I was supposed to go last week, but thought I was supposed to go today. Apparently if you skip your appointment, the make-up is supposed to cost like $35. No one seemed to notice or care. So they didn't charge me $35.

I went to the mall to get some brown heels, which I need. I saw a lot of skinny jeans and leggings with tunics. I am still anti-skinny jean. It would seem that most women would avoid wearing pants that are designed to make their asses look bigger. This look is fine if you're 6 feet tall with no ass to speak of. The rest of us should just run away. Leggings and tunics? Yeah, I'd look really good in a sack. I distinctly remember doing this in junior high. I have pictures. It wasn't good then and I don't anticipate it will be any better this time around.

3 comments:

Probative said...

Congrats on the egg. I find that letting the pan really heat up on high before cracking the egg makes it easier.

If you give up on flipping, try adding a little bit of water to the pan, and cover it. Both sides cook well enough that way too.

Anonymous said...

I think you would look great in a sack. I hope all is well with you and your eggs. Maybe we will see you over Thanksgiving. gobble gobble

Wendell said...

Skinny leg jeans are proof that television commercials are effective. In no way can I conceive how a coherent person could accept skinny jeans as not only acceptable, but stylish. It is the next "capris". GAP and Old Navy brainwashed women into thinking that the three-quarter-length pants are cool. Then men, after years of despising them, have realized that it is a loosing battle and succumbed to the idea that women wearing capris is acceptable. Now they are doing it again with skinny jeans and I'm not folding this time.