Monday, October 30, 2006

A message to advertisers

I don't want to see animated versions of gross things. Toenail fungus? Nope, don't want to see it. Mucus? Nope, don't want to see it. If you have a toenail fungus problem, it's nothing to be ashamed of* and you deserve to know that there are treatment options. But do I really need to see some nasty blob digging into some cartoon toenail? I can only pray that the next nasty ailment to be animated isn't jock itch.

Today's sad news is that Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe have separated. We all know that celebrities are better human beings than us regular people.** If they can't make it work, what hope is there for the rest of us?? I'd like to see Reese shake things up a little on her inevitable rebound. Maybe snag Pete Doherty from the arms of Kate Moss. Nothing would give Reese a little street cred like hooking up with some British junkie with the teeth of a British junkie.

* This only means that you're allowed to talk about it with your doctor and maybe your spouse.
** Just go with me on this. It's the only way I can justify spending money on trashy celeb gossip magazines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was sad to see the news about Ryan and Reese. They are better than us. I agree with the fungus and snot. Wait for the talking tampon ads. They are coming.

Anonymous said...

Agreed on animations. Am also tired of nasal allergy Spanish talking bee and Bob who needs erectile stimulus pills.

Teeny

Probative said...

I also hate the VW adds in which the happy go lucky car conversation is suddenly and violently interrupted by a crash.

As if my psyche needs to experience that.