Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Cute pants = tree falling in an empty forest

Like most women, I generally dress to impress other women (one problem is that the one woman I work with pays as much attention to my clothes as the men I work with). Anyways, it's cold here and I am back in the office, so I was excited at the idea of wearing my cute new wool pants to work tomorrow. But it's just me and one of the guys for the next 2 days in the office, so I feel like wearing them would be something of a waste since no one would be around to take in the cuteness of my pants. But would it really be a waste since no one pays attention to what I wear anyways? Is having one guy ignore my cute outfit worse than having four guys and one woman ignore my cute outfit? It's a conundrum. Of course, I could wear them tomorrow and later next week. There's only one person who might notice that I wore the same cute pants 2 weeks in a row and I seriously doubt he would even notice. I can't wait to work with a girl again.

Gosh, it is so involved being me. Really, I think the above totally proves that I should have my own reality tv show.

3 comments:

blogazon said...

Maybe the guys you work w/ don't comment on your clothes b/c they don't want to create a hostile work environment. They could be afraid you'd sue them for sexual harassment.

Or, maybe if they're married or have girlfriends they don't want to say anything b/c their wives/girlfriends would construe their compliments to be come ons to the 20 something clerk at work and they don't want to get the crap beaten out of them.

blogazon

Anonymous said...

Wear your pants - I will admire them from afar. We'll chalk it up to being part of my duties as your former TQ. Besides, I'm always a fan of cute pants. Now, where did you find these pants, since my mom claims I am no longer in possession of a butt myself...

Kelly J.

you like raisins said...

Given the current state of my budget, I have taken to shopping at discount stores, so I found them at Burlington Coat Factory. It was a hideous experience - much digging invovlved.