Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm like practically a lawyer

I passed the bar. Now, I wasn't all that worried that I would fail. I had some paranoia, but nothing crazy. Although it was entertaining to watch the page view counter on the results page go up by like 50,000 in the course of a few hours today. Not that I was refreshing for any other reason than to watch the page view counter go up. It's just good to know that it's all over. And, God willing, I will never have to face the MBE again, which is good, because I'm still not sure who my declawed bobcat can kill without the potential for liability.

I won't be in Austin for the swearing in and, to be honest, I don't even know if I will get my license until I get back to Texas in 2008. I think the bar results are good for two years. We'll see. I don't see why I would pay the fees and be subject to CLE requirements when I am out of state until this time in 2008. I need to figure this crap out. I guess it would be cool for me to say "I'm sort of a lawyer" when someone asks me what I do. Wait, no one asks me what I do. And I guess I am still sort of a lawyer since I did pass the bar.

Yay for me!! And my friends!! Send me gifts.

10 comments:

Probative said...

Big congrats. I am sure your firm would pay the fees. You will want to get your license before you start your next clerkship, as that will increase your pay by like 10K to 15K. No joke. That is easily worth the fees.

you like raisins said...

Good call on the pay thing. I need that money.

The Once and Future TC said...

Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

A huge congrats from the Symons' family. We are super proud of you. Send money.

David Mader said...

congrats!

blogazon said...

Congrats! I think your boss can swear you in. yay us.

And I too was refreshing the page for the sole purpose to watch the page counter go up - 15 per second, and 100K since yesterday.

Wendell said...

Congrats! That's great

gaelen said...

Congratulations! Hope you go out and celebrate!

I hope I get the same great news on November 17!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations

Anonymous said...

!!

The exclamation points didn't come through the first time . . .