Saturday, September 02, 2006

I'd like that time back, please

I just watched Closer. I want that 2 hours back. Movies involving tragedy should be sad. Movies involving romance and couples should be happy. Reality is depressing enough. Why would I want to watch a movie that isn't sad enough to make me cry, but is depressing enough to make me depressed? I always try to watch a few Oscar contenders just because I figure that I should watch some "good" movies every now and again. It almost always turns out to be a waste of time. Since I'm convinced that Tommy Boy is one of the greatest movies ever made, I guess I should just stop trying to watch movies that critics think are good and stick to Jack Black and Will Ferrell.

3 comments:

Administrator said...

Tommy Boy is one of the greatest movies ever made.

You may want to avoid any potentially sad movies while you're living alone in Kentucky. Just a thought. Try Deliverance or something uplifting like that.

blogazon said...

Thank you. I too thought that "Closer" was terrible, even though other people told me it was great. Too much dialog and crying.

you like raisins said...

I'm always amazed at what a prude I am when it comes to people talking all dirty in movies. Even when I'm alone, it feels like my mom is sitting right next to me.