Friday, September 22, 2006

A total misunderestimation

Last year I had an awful interview where the interviewer spent most of the time telling me how worthless and stupid my undergrad major was. Kept telling me I should have majored in math. That would show I was actually smart (because apparently my performance in law school didn't shed any light on that). Well, here's why I didn't major in math: I was off by about $400 when estimating my monthly take-home pay. If I thought my budget was ugly before, it's really bad now. Looks like the cereal diet will continue indefinitely. I guess I should buy some vitamins or something to make up for the meat and other essentials I'm missing. At least I'll get some calcium, which is good seeing as how I have osteopenia in my mid-twenties and would hate to see that progress into something that's actually worth worrying about. And I'll lose a little chin fat. Losing a little chin fat never hurt anyone. Maybe I'll mix it up this week with some Raisin Bran (not the name brand kind but the generic kind). I'm really making a go of this whole budgeting thing--I didn't renew my subscription to Us Weekly. It's a sad day when a girl can't even get her weekly dose of celebrity gossip. Sad, sad day.

There is good news in this post. I was worried I would have to go shopping for work clothes when I got here. Turns out I work with four men who, from what I can tell, pay absolutely no attention to what I wear. I am sure that I could probably get away with wearing the same outfit three days in a row and no one would notice. This doesn't mean I am wearing sensible shoes or anything. I'm not letting myself go. But at least I know that my current wardrobe is more than adequate.

4 comments:

blogazon said...

damn taxes. Almost makes you want to be a Republican.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can take up a collection to get your subscription renewed.

Anonymous said...

www.usmagazine.com

you like raisins said...

not. the. same.