Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Throwing money out the window

I love my apartment here. It's an old building with cool doorknobs and other assorted charming things. But the former tenant told me that the heating bill is huge in the winter because the windows apparently aren't energy efficient. The heat just goes right on out. He said that a tenant in one of the other apartments bought some kind of window insulation stuff that looks like big scotch tape. I saw it at Wal-Mart the other day. Has anyone ever used this stuff? Worth it?

The good news is that I am off the interview hook tomorrow, meaning I can get some work done. The bad news is that I am on the interview hook, alone, all day on Saturday. I am sure that I'll probably be an easygoing interviewer, so the poor souls have nothing to fear.

When Time Warner Cable moved around all the channels a few years ago, I remember being annoyed because I didn't know where my channels were. But the whole grouped-by-theme thing grew on me. And now I miss it. When I want news, I can't just skim five channels in a row. Not that I watch much news anymore. But if I wanted to, it would be harder.

No comments: