Wednesday, August 30, 2006

drat

No cable. Apparently that comes next Wednesday. At least I get to watch the one channel I get on a couch and not an air mattress or dining room chair. I can't believe I'm going to miss Project Runway. Now that Mr. Raisins is gone and I don't really have anything to look forward to when I get home from work, I was really amped for the show. Ah well. Maybe the one channel I get will have something watchable.

Why does it always take so long to get cable hooked up? It's like a government operation or something. Just seems exceedingly inefficient. And there's no competition here, so I am at the cable company's mercy.

The weather here is gloomy and quite appropriate for my mood. I don't know why we decided to try to do a year apart. It's only been three days and it sucks. A lot. But I vow to not spend a year moping. That would just make it worse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat -- once the cable is hooked up though, life gets pretty good. (ESPN for me, not sure what channel has Project Runway for you.)

Anonymous said...

I'm in the same boat -- once the cable is hooked up though, life gets pretty good. (ESPN for me, not sure what channel has Project Runway for you.)