Monday, August 07, 2006

Dublin, again

So, is it sad that the one thing that sticks in my head about Ireland is that the signs for the emergency exits just do away with the pretense of proceeding calmly and in an orderly fashion to the exits? The signs have the handless, footless guy hauling ass for the exit. I think I like that they just admit that, if there was a fire, 99% of the population would step over their own mom to get the hell out the building. Charming. It sort of meshes with the fact that the Irish don't really move for anyone and, if you should get bumped, don't expect an "excuse me" or an apology. They're like really old people who have just earned the right to stand their ground. I would show a picture of said exit signs, but us Raisins are operating with a disposal camera since the digital camera gave out about five pictures into Dublin. Apparently Ireland doesn't have the Euro plug, so we have to no way to charge the digital camera. Film - it's so retro.

Today was all about beer. We did the Guinness tour. Tomorrow is all about old shit and the baby Jesus. I am sure Mr. Raisins is sooooo excited about the historical tour!!!

No comments: