Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Kersplat

Damn these people for driving on the wrong side of the road. Even though the sidewalk helpfully tells you which way to look before crossing the street, I have still managed to almost be run over by a bus at least twice a day. Speaking of buses, I have decided that American cities should spice up public transportation by making our buses the double-decker variety. Maybe then people would see taking the bus as some kind of adventure. I'm not totally sure it would work, but I would totally rock the double-decker at home.

We have decided that, from now on, we are only traveling in the off season. Sure, the weather will suck, but we'd be surrounded by fewer of our kind (a.k.a. annoying tourists). I always knew that I had the temperament of an easily-annoyed elderly person, but it really hit home the other day when I repeatedly shushed a bunch of really annoying German teenagers who were on some kind of organized trip. And when I say shushed, I mean I really shushed them good. I'm sure they were super scared of me. But I did see the Book of Kells, which was pretty awesome.

Oh yeah, there is something I've been meaning to say for a long time, but it's really been killing me on vacation. If you're gonna wear a racerback tank, for the love of all things holy, buy a racerback bra. A peeping bra strap isn't something to hang your head in shame over, but the straps should at least follow the cut of the shirt. And, to those clever ladies out there buying the bras with the clear, plastic straps, this applies to you too. Clear doesn't mean invisible; we can still see your bra straps, and the fact that they're plastic makes it almost worse, since you're wearing plastic and all.

No comments: