Sunday, August 20, 2006

Let the freak out begin

Good news - the random $700 was really just one of those confirmatory temp charges. Even the chick at the hotel thought it was a bit much. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that. What I was not glad about was the gentleman in front of me on the 9-hour flight home who wasn't tight with our friend Mr. Deodorant and seemed to think that his airline seat was a fucking rocking chair.

I will pack up some things over the next few days and then we're off on Thursday for a really long drive to horse country. On Friday I do paperwork and get the keys to my as-yet-unseen apartment. Monday I start work. I am the last clerk to start. Great. I love being the new one. By this time next week I will be trying to sleep, but will be totally freaked out by the new job. When I was little, I would be so nervous about the first day of school that I would put on my new outfit and lie awake until my mom came in telling me it was time to get up. I don't do that anymore (the clothes thing and my mom waking me up).

I'm not the only one who is a little freaked out, right? I mean, do any of us really have any clue what we're getting ourselves into? What if law school was a fluke and it turns out I was really good at law school but will suck ass at being a lawyer or a clerk? Like some poor soul who is really good at playing spoons, but not a real instrument. And today I got the resume of the co-clerk for the second clerkship. She seems much more impressive than me. So yeah, I am a little freaked out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is your second clerkship?

blogazon said...

Good luck with the jobby-job. I start a week from tomorrow and will probably be fired for incompetence that Friday.