Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Later taters

My last day in Austin. It was exciting. I bought sunglasses. And not cheap ones. Not super-expensive ones, but not cheap either. I never wear sunglasses, so I'm always squinting,which sucks. Not anymore. Although it was depressing. I always thought my glasses were crooked, but it turns out that it's just my face. I can't even tell if it's like my ears are uneven or just my eyebrows. I mean, I know my eyebrows aren't symmetrical, which my lady says is the norm. So my sunglasses look crooked. But they also feel crooked, leading me to believe that my ears are uneven. Which wouldn't surprise me since my chin isn't exactly in the middle of my face, a slight defect that becomes more and more obvious with every ounce of chin fat. Man, I am a freak. I bet I'd discover that one arm is like six inches longer than the other if I measured them.

I also drank too much coffee. I saw my Jenn one last time before I left and we had coffee. Then I went to the wrong Starbucks to meet my high school friend, but didn't realize I was at the wrong one until after I bought a grande latte. So then I had to go to the right Starbucks and get another coffee. The good news is that my car was hot enough while parked in the sun at the correct Starbucks that my first coffee wasn't cold after an hour.

My last night in Austin will be perfect - I'm catching up on Project Runway. I hope Mr. Raisins doesn't expect me to help load the car. I can't even load the dishwasher, so hopefully he'll just want me to stay out of it. Crossing my fingers.

Later Austin peeps. Feel free to come visit me. If you need lodging, just call 1-800-Marriott.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, girl! God made you just the way he wants you. My ears are, like, 2 inches off each other, but all you have to do is bend the corner where the ear bars attach to the frames so that they are crooked while sitting on a flat surface, but they will look great on your face. If you have adjustable nose rests, you can also adjust these so the glasses stay at the angle you want them.