Thursday, August 03, 2006

I am such an idiot

I should never have let my hair lady give me free highlights for graduation. I weaned myself off haircolor when I went to law school so that I could save money. Now I'm hooked again. I am one of those women whose natural hair color just doesn't make any damn sense. At least I got in with my hair lady on the ground floor, before her prices got expensive. Cut and highlights for 80 bucks before tip is kick ass, and so are my highlights. So I guess I can't complain. Except that I don't have any money and highlights aren't so much a necessity. On second thought, I think maybe they are. Yes, they totally are.

But then the hair salon is next to the store where I often buy my overpriced jeans. And I needed a new pair for vacation since most of mine are so long that a heel is necessary and I can't do walking tours in heels. Who these jeans are designed for is a mystery for me. There must be some tribe of amazon women with small waits and 40-inch inseams. I'd like to see one up close. Anyways, I just dropped way too much money on a pair of jeans. And I bought them an inch too small in the waist. Remind me to get a gym membership because these things are barely fitting. How I didn't notice this when trying them on is beyond me. And I probably don't need new expensive jeans when I am complaining about not having any money. But jeans are something you just have to drop some serious cash on; I am a believer in getting what you pay for when it comes to jeans. The Gap just isn't my butt's best friend. And I don't feel bad about it because my purses are generally cheap, my highlights are bargain basement, I never buy shoes that cost more than $100, and I generally live in $12 wifebeaters and Gap sale-rack tank-tops during the summer, so my thing with jeans totally makes sense. Just go with me on this.

I realize this post is totally meaningless. But that's what this blog is for. Can you imagine getting a call with someone talking about the above subjects? How fucking annoying would that be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree w/ you about the need for overpriced (therefore, quality) jeans. I just dropped way too much $ on, not just the one pair I intended to buy, but TWO pairs (and like you, one is an inch too small in the waist, I'm also confused as to how that happened). I needed mine for my 10 year high school reunion, so I'm completely justified in the purchase(s).

I also swore off highlights after my college graduation, and 2 1/2 yrs through law school, have managed to keep my hair dye-free. LOVED 'em when I had 'em, HATED the up-keep. I was always going in just a week too late for touch-ups & he'd have to just do them all over again. Oh well.

Just wanted you to know your post was not meaningless, as I related to every single comment you made. Is that a bad thing?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that dudes don't have to wear their jeans as tight as the women folk, and thus don't have to pay $$$ for the perfect pair.

Anyhow, keep up the ephemera blogging. I enjoy reading it.