Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's the little victories

Today was vet day. Normally Nikita hates to travel and usually takes a crap the second the carrier gets into the car. Today I put her into her new carrier and sat her in the front seat so I could talk to her the whole drive there and back hoping she would be courteous enough to not take a crap a mere foot away from my face. Success. She did take a crap on the floor the second we got home, but it was still a victory overall.

Opie is just shy of twenty pounds. He's husky, not fat. He has a little bit of a gut, but he's mostly just thick. Not that he's not a healthy eater. Hell, yesterday he ate a ball of hair I had jut pulled out of the brush after brushing Nikita. And then he got sick. Nothing like seeing a black hairball come out of an orange cat. And all cat owners know that a cat will sprint 200 yards just to puke on the carpet. Thanks for that.

Today we get to clean Nikita's ears and teeth. Grooming this cat is like grooming a badger. She makes the most awful noises - like if Linda Blair was a cat and wanted to kill me. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz and anyone else who's reading this. I've decided to be Jennifer Kracht again. I'm changing all my stuff before I start my job. Just wanted you to know. No mas Curtin. Kay that's all. Happiness on avoiding the cat poop in the car.