Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'm boring

Sorry peeps, I got nothing to say. I am sitting alone with my cats in an apartment likely to large for my needs. I got freaked out being in the back of the apartment alone in the dark, listening to the clock in the kitchen tick-tock, so I dragged the air mattress into the living room. Nice apartment done up all ghetto; it's a pity. I get my couch and bed tomorrow, plus cable. Then I'll be a baller. I don't even know why I got cable. I probably shouldn't have. I bitch about money and I suppose cable isn't a necessity. But it's the middle of the season of Project Runway. You can't just turn away in the middle of the season. I'm rooting for the guy from Hotlanta. His take on Pam Grier was hot shit.

I am adjusting to east coast TV time. How do people in this time zone stay up as late as they do to watch the news? They get to work at the time as those living on central time. Do they just need less sleep? Are they more tired? I'm baffled by this. I have a feeling I'll be exhausted the entire time I'm here.

I still don't have my diploma. I am starting to feel inadequate at work. Maybe I'll just print something out saying "I went to UT Law" and hang it on the wall, just so that the five people I work with will remember that I also went to law school. I probably shouldn't be worried about my diploma since I am far too cheap to frame it right now. And certain professors made me feel inadequate enough about my undergraduate school/major/Honda CRX that I'm debating whether to ever frame that or if I should just hang something up saying that I really went to nail tech school (not that there's anything wrong with that).

And I can't figure out how to get myself off the OSCAR mailing list. Does anyone know how to get these people to leave me alone? I don't really care anymore that five more judges have joined the OSCAR system. I'm out of that game. At least it's e-mail, I guess. Ever since school and the bar ended, people apparently have less to bitch and whine about (except me, there's never enough to bitch or whine about) and therefore send less e-mail.

I may have a visitor this weekend; crossing my fingers that KO can make it out here. Not that I'll know what do to with her since I just moved here and get lost relatively easily. But I'm sure she'll love to hang out with me and my cats. Or not.

No comments: