Monday, June 19, 2006

clearly I'm bored

I'm not studying. And there's nothing good on T.V. I just came across a story saying that the fat police may target Starbucks next. Yuppies everywhere should be very afraid. The best part of the story: "The union contends that Starbucks staff gain weight when they work at the chain. They are offered unlimited beverages and leftover pastries for free during their shifts."

Well, shit. This clearly calls for litigation. Because people can't be expected to not eat anything put in front of them. They're clearly not adults with a brain. I worked at a restaurant that served some really disgusting stuff. So did my fiance. Both of managed to escape without putting on weight. Why? Was it because some public interest litigation group was standing up for our waistlines? Well, no. We didn't eat there that often and rarely ate the nasty stuff. But, the union will probably contend, these poor baristas are being offered *free* stuff. Don't have a banana creme frap and choose the bran muffin, people. See, not that hard.

On an even more boring note, I have finished scheduling my summer, including the all important pre- and post-bar massages (thanks to Kate, Ellen, and Sandra for making this possible). I have hair appointments, vet appointments, a much-anticipated European vacation, and hotel reservations for my first few days in Lexington. I haven't quite figured out when I'll take care of the one inch of root that's developed since the last round of highlights. After the bar I have one week before I leave for Europe. Then I have 2 days until I begin the drive to Lexington. And I'll have to travel with my cats. They hate to travel. Opie just won't shut up and Nikita sees the car as the perfect place to take a dump. Thank goodness one can apparently get some sedation medication so that hopefully they'll sleep the whole time. I'm pretty sure my parents did this by doping up us three kids with Benadryl before long road trips and we turned out fine. Plus, Opie's the dumbest animal alive already, so I can't see anything going wrong.

No comments: