Sunday, June 25, 2006

Raisins needs a new car

I think I'll get a new car. Sure, you might be saying, "Didn't you just get a new car?" Yes, I did, but it was a used new car. I want a new-new car. That no one has ever owned before me. Plus, with two moves in the next two years, the Accord ain't gonna cut it. I want my whining pets as far away from me as possible. I am thinking a smallish SUV crossover. So if you know anyone who is in need of a car, I have two fabulous options to choose from (for the high class set, an Accord EX coupe with leather; for the cost-conscious set, a Civic CX hatchback). The guy at my McDonald's always wanted the Civic when I went through the drive through. I should have gotten his number. Maybe I'll start going to the drive through every day to see if I can find him.

I think I'll try to sell them myself because I'm worried I'll get hosed on a trade-in. Although I worry that someone will show up to test drive a car and then you'll see my mug on the news with the headline, "Local woman missing after getting in the car with a homicidal maniac for a test drive." It happens.

The good news is that my sister has offered her services in playing all the dealerships in Houston off each other to get me the best deal. Which is awesome since I want to do this after I get back from Europe, which means I'll have about three days to get it all done.

No comments: