Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Frustration

So, the car I want got more expensive with the 2007 redesign. And I like the 2007 so much that there's pretty much no way I am going to buy the 2006, even if doing so would save me like seven grand. The worst part is that about half of the dealerships I have talked to in Houston, Austin, and San Antonio don't even have the 2007 yet. With no inventory out there, I have no leverage. And I can't find the invoice price online anywhere, so I don't even know where the negotiating boundaries are (and the dealerships aren't all that forthcoming with this price). One dealership offered me like $1000 of MSRP, but I know I can do better than that. I don't have to be the first one on the block with this car, so maybe I'll wait them out. Once there's inventory, there should be some wiggle room.

Bonus tonight - Last Comic Standing is on. This show cracks me up. Let's hope I'm not in the boonies trying to sell my car when the show is on. Bad news is that an all new season of Project Runway starts like 2 weeks before the bar exam. Thanks for nothing, Heidi Klum!

No comments: