Saturday, June 10, 2006

How do poor people get married?

And, by "poor people" I mean me. I'll be making good money, but not anytime soon. I don't want a wedding that costs more than a nice car (and "nice" by my standards is anything over $20K). I had a place here in Austin flagged as a place to check out. Looked nice enough. Then some friends today say that when they were getting married and checked the place out, it was $14K. Are you fucking kidding me?? Does the happy couple get a plasma HD TV as a wedding gift? What on earth justifies spending $14K to rent a space for one night? I mean, if you have the money, who am I to criticize where you spend it. Perhaps one day I will be used to money and the idea of dropping $14K for one evening will make perfect sense. Right now it just makes me want to pee myself. Eloping is looking better and better. Or the party room at CiCi's Pizza.

I was supposed to put in some bar studying efforts today. But I slept too much, which just meant I was sleepy all day. And one cannot possibly read a BarBri outline when they're already sleepy. You'd be awake for like five minutes. And now I'm about to go get some pizza at the super Homeslice, which rules out any studying. Perhaps tomorrow I shall head to the coffee shop with outlines. Let's hope that Leslie has stopped hanging out there - he's a bit of a distraction.

1 comment:

Probative said...

Spend the money on a killer honeymoon instead, and just send everyone a post card. If you are going to drop that much cash, it should be on yourselves.

Invite the family over to someone's house and do a simple ceremony when less than 10 people. Seriously.

That, or use the cultural hall (read: basketball court) at your local Mormon Church. Its free...and you pretty much get what you pay for.