Friday, June 23, 2006

I just failed the bar

Not the real one, but the fake MBE that BarBri gives, probably in the hopes of scaring the shit out of lazy people like me. It's like you have to memorize 2 million things, although they can only ask you maybe 300,000 things. I don't know if these questions are actual MBE questions or what, but there seems to be an obsession with arson. I bet the question writers wet their beds and live with their moms. And by the way: Recapture of chattels? Metes and bounds? What the hell are these things and why do I have to know them??

On the upside, I decided to eat my lunch of grapes and string cheese quickly so as to leave BarBri early. Sad to say, I think that was the best part of my day so far. I tried to go to the HEB by BarBri to grab some grocery store sushi, but they guy looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if they had the sushi people come in every day. I realize that BarBri and that HEB aren't in a part of town that would seem to be home to a lot of desperate sushi eaters willing to get their fix at the grocery store, but the HEB on S. Congress and Oltorf carries it. That's like the worst HEB in town in terms of selection and high-brow offerings.

More good news - the bar exam is right across the street from my apartment. Which means I don't have to pay for parking at the bar exam and can come home for lunch. I would offer my parking lot to those who aren't as lucky, but JJ's towing will have your car on one of its trucks in about five seconds. But try the hotel parking lot just south of Barton Springs on S. 1st St. if you're cheap like me. And if someone tows you, not my fault.

No comments: