Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Karma police and other randomness

So I am feeling a little bad for painting with such a broad brush in my Yale post. Of course I know some jerks who went to my school and there are jerks at every school. And of course Yale doesn't suck; it's not the best school in the country for no reason. And I shouldn't use generalizations since that's not nice. So leave me alone Karma Police.

In other randomness:

(1) Why are there always orange cones behind parked vans from the phone or cable company? The guy parks in front of a house, goes into the house to do whatever he's got to do, and puts orange cones behind his van. I don't get it. I think I may start using cones every time I park my Honda Accord. Just to make people wonder as I have wondered.

(2) We all know littering is bad. But, if people didn't litter, what would we make people do who have community service to do? Not having ever been sentenced to community service, I don't really know what options are available for people who have to do community service. It could be that by having people pick up litter on highways we're taking their community service time from other valuable projects. But if there aren't that many options, is littering on a highway in a populated area really that bad? I'm not saying we should litter, I'm just wondering.

(3) Apparently the Rock, Paper, Scissors championship was on TV last night. I think I need a hobby, but one that doesn't require physical exertion or manual dexterity. I think I have found it.

No comments: