Friday, June 09, 2006

P.S. Yale Law sucks

No, I didn't apply there, so this isn't based on the bitterness of rejection. The bitterness is based on having to meet the people that come out of this place. The effect doesn't appear to be permanent since some of my favorite and kindest professors went there and other middle-aged people I've met who went there seem to have turned out fine. But whenever I meet a current YLS student or recent grad, they almost invariably turn out to be total tools (I've met a few who weren't, but maybe I just didn't spend enough time with them).

To current YLS students and recent grads: You're special, I get it. We all get it. You got into a school where like .00005% of applicants get in. Kudos to you. The only explanation I can come up with to explain what comes out of these people's mouths is that they must get told at orientation how special they are. I bet that there's some automated service where every student gets a call in the morning telling them, yet again, how special they are. But someone should tell these special people to shut up about it and carry that special feeling in their hearts. Yale's a magical universe. Great! You have had an experience in law school that CANNOT possibly be compared to anyone else's. Super! Now shut the hell up about it. It's not like the rest of us out here really need reminders of your awesomeness. You people suck up all the clerkships. My friends who want to go into teaching know they'll be clawing they're way past a shit ton of Yalies.

The rest of us don't need YOU to remind us how great you are and how great your school is. Oh yeah, and when someone who *shockingly* says that they actually enjoyed the time they spent at their quality state law school, this is not an opportunity to remind that person, yet again, how awesome your school is. Really.

4 comments:

blogazon said...

What inspired this post? Are there any Yalies in the TX BarBri?

you like raisins said...

recent encouner that only confirmed feelings generated by past encounters. I'm sure we have some Yalies in BarBri (and I'm sure they're lovely people). I just don't happen to know who they are.

Probative said...

Ha, I found you.

The Yale bit was a give away, given recent non-virtual discussions.

you like raisins said...

Pay no attention to the girl with awesome highlights. She is not in charge of this blog!