Tuesday, July 18, 2006

happy, then sad

So, I finally get to a property question I can answer at least half-right. I get all excited. Property has been a bitch since I apparently know nothing about deeds, mortgages, leases, adverse possession, etc . . . and the fractions involved in oil & gas make my head hurt & my eyes cross. Anyways, back to the excitement about getting an answer half-right. Then I read the answer and, of course, it has the valuable little nugget of information that the Texas Constitution doesn't allow liens on homestead property for the acquisition of livestock. Right. I am a little sick and tired of encountering these stupid question of stupid constitutional provisions or violations of the Agriculture Code, or whatever.

When the BarBri people say, "Only study from this handout from now on," they've mostly been right. Except for property. I didn't learn anything I need to know for property in BarBri. It's like the examiner just figured that shit like easements was too easy since everyone would know that. So he put a bunch of state constitutional provisions in a hat and started drawing them out, making questions out of them. Ugh. My head hurts.

1 comment:

blogazon said...

I think you should summon the powers of Ernie Smith by drinking Diet Dr. Pepper while answering all property questions.