Monday, July 24, 2006

Yes, it's hot

So, apparently the whole country is in the midst of a heatwave. Um, it's called Summer. Anyways, what I need to find out is how people didn't die back before there was air conditioning. I mean, they call out the National Guard to help people, and that's cool with me. Get them to cooling centers, help them. But what did they do when it was just hot and there were no cooling centers? Were people just better at adapting back in the day or did people just die because that's what happened when it got hot? I don't mean to trivialize here, just curious.

It's the day before the bar exam. I still have this sinking feeling that the bar examiners are really going to fuck with me and ask a straight-up bankruptcy question. To which my only response will be "automatic stay" since that's all I know about bankruptcy, and I learned that in secured credit.

So I wait. At least I have a distraction in the form of a ton of laundry that needs to get done. And it's good I'm doing it because otherwise I'd show up to the bar exam in either some plaid flannel PJs or my prom dress since I am kind of out of clothes. I think I am wearing my last t-shirt and I am down to the b-team underwear. You know, it's the stuff you don't like to wear if you don't have to because maybe the elastic is shot and they ride up too much or you accidentally bought some humongo granny panties that you didn't just want to throw away.

Good times. On a happy, nonbar-related note, Underground and Mrs. Underground are supposed to have a baby today. Good vibes to them.

1 comment:

blogazon said...

May the powers of BS be with us on Tuesday and Thursday and the power of C be with us on Wednesday. Amen.

I did my laundry last week as a distraction. I wanted to be sure I had a full bench of A team members for the boys this week.