Sunday, July 09, 2006

Watch the head

So, I have this thing where I don't like people touching my head. Ever. I don't know why, but it drives me crazy. Of course, when wearing a hoodie, people feel an impulse to pick up the hood and put it on your head. Which leads me to swear at people I know and like because, when they're behind me and I can't see them, all I know is that someone is touching my head. So I freak out. So, if I have managed to swear at you while you were touching my head innocently, I apologize. I always apologize on the spot and explain that I have a thing with my head, but I still feel bad despite the apology. And please don't touch my head.

People have asked me why I wear a hoodie when I have this thing with my head. Because, it's hard to find a hoodie equivalent (e.g. sweatshirt material with soft fleece on the inside and a pouch) without a hood. Try to find one. If you do, let me know where it is. Of course, with graduation and the end of BarBri, I don't know how often I'll be wearing a hoodie from here on out, so maybe it's not a big deal.

We'll see how often I manage to post given the oncoming train wreck that is bar prep. I may still have random thoughts with a need to be free but that aren't worthy of a call to anyone. Especially since most of my friends are also studying for the bar, I doubt they'd want a random phone call from me about stupid thoughts.

3 comments:

David Mader said...

How do you get your hair cut?

Anonymous said...

Do you react like Mary's mentally-handicapped brother did in Something About Mary when Ben Stiller touched his ears? Did you attack poor, well-intentioned Eastern Air?

you like raisins said...

I only freak out and swear at people when I don't see it coming. I don't like my head being touched in general (haircuts are OK). But if I know it's coming, then I can handle it. I'm pretty sure I didn't kick EasternAir's ass. This time.