Monday, July 31, 2006

It's cold across the pond

So I decided to check the weather for the eagerly anticipated Raisins bar trip. We're doing about 2 1/2 weeks split between Dublin and Amsterdam. I foolishly thought I could just travel light like I always do, with about 20 wifebeaters and a few pairs of jeans. But no, it's a little chilly over there. Which means a little more planning has to go into packing, which pisses me off. No wonder the Irish came over here in waves. Famine my ass. They finally figured out that the weather there sucks. I'm sure someone out there is thinking that I should be glad to be getting a vacation from the heat. But I don't mind the heat. What I really hate is being cold. And for me, that means the temperature is under 85. Yes, I'm a sissy. Never said I wasn't.

And the highlight of my weekend was hearing my future mother in law saying, "Oh yes, I love being high." I was talking about the benefits of the SUV. I'm not sure that she was. And it was awesome.

No comments: