Thursday, July 13, 2006

Really, everything is going great

Day two of intense bar studying. Leg hair? Long-ish. B.O.? Getting there. Fingernails? Three eaten down to nubs. It's going really well. For some freakish reason I seem to do well with commercial paper, a topic that I don't know anything about. The bad news is that I apparently know nothing about anything else. At all. I'm sure I'll know enough to pass when the time comes, but so far the whole exercise has been a little depressing. After three years of law school and too long in BarBri, I know nothing. From what I can tell, it appears that having taken a class previously on a bar subject guarantees that you'll know less about that subject when studying for the bar. Not a scientific study, mind you. Just personal experience thus far. I don't know a damn thing about anything from any class I've ever taken apparently.

Torts is the most depressing. I apparently know nothing about intentional torts, negligence, strict liability, or defenses. I can do trespass, though. I'm all over trespass. Unless there's a wild animal that eats the trespasser. Then I'm all fucked up. And it's not like I'm getting better with practice. Apparently, I will just never know it. But that's okay since life is not a multiple choice test and I'll never be practicing in the state of Kanbraska.

5 comments:

Probative said...

Don't forget, a pigeon and bees are domesticated.

I am on the edge too. This is hell.

Administrator said...

Yeah, the bees question made me want to throw something across the room. My favorite is when I consult the notes outline for some help, understand what's in the outline and then still get the problem wrong. Usually by picking the choice that is explained as follows: "(A) is clearly wrong." Sure it is. If you have the answer key.

Anonymous said...

I swear that y'all are the nerds in law school that would ask the professor the most obscure questions in the weekend-before review session and freak my shit out.

Nerds!

you like raisins said...

Glass houses, divi, glass houses. Were you not the one who wrote a manifesto on . . . estoppel??

Anonymous said...

There's a distinction: I was coerced (will overcome) to write that stupid note by the nerdiest nerds in all of nerddom--law review editors.

I repeat: NERDS!