Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Why my mom should live forever

Because I love her. And because, if she dies, I'm betting good money that I'll be named executor of the estate because I'm the lawyer. I never thought much about estate administration until BarBri and the only thing I have learned is that it sucks. Oh sure, they make it sound all easy with this whole independent administration thing. Only problem is that, from what I can tell, there's like 500 different ways to administer an estate (or do something with the estate, I'm not really sure what counts as administration). And hell if I can figure them out. I mean, what if the bar asks me about small estate independent administration involving muniment of title of a goat-farm homestead in the context of an unqualified community administration????

1 comment:

Administrator said...

File the will in the proper venue which may or may not be the place where the decedent's spouse from a previous marriage gave birth to a pretermitted child who failed to become a life-in-being because of a fertile octogenarian who also happened to be a unborn widow. If none of the above, file in a county that has a statutory probate court unless the administration is harmonious and in a county with only constitututional county courts in which case the county court is OK. It's so simple. Hoping they'll throw a commercial paper issue in there somehow just because they love us.