Thursday, July 20, 2006

Just chilling

So, is it sick that I wish the bar exam was floating so I could just take it already? Whatever I don't know by now, I'm not going to know by next week. So why drag it out? Today has been all about family law. Family law is the best because this is one area that's super hard for me because I just can't remember all the factors for the three thousand tests involving the best interest of the fucking child. And is there even a difference between a child's emotional wellbeing, emotional needs, and emotional development? Because I am pretty much going with emotional wellbeing for everything and hoping it's close enough. And I'm sitting here coming up with mnemonic devices to try to help me remember this shit. The only problem with this plan is that they all look something like this: PPRASTRQM. There's a memory jogger for ya. I'm sure I'll be able to pull this stuff right out of my ass on the bar exam. Or I'll just tell grandma to screw off, she can't see the kid or have the community property.

On a happier note, I have discovered the awesomeness of my car. So it comes with a picnic table that is essentially the floor of the back. I thought, "Great, there's something I'll never use. I don't picnic, I don't tailgate, I don't like it outside." But then I realized that sitting on an ottoman, hunched over the coffee table for 7 hours a day wasn't going to cut it. You see, the 2-room Raisins apartment has no desk or convenient study nook. So we got a chair from the storage unit, brought the picnic table upstairs, and viola - a desk. Mr. Raisins likes this better because, although I have taken up a good chunk of the living room, I have also managed to mostly confine my slow spread of bar-related shit to a small area surrounding said picnic table rather than having this crap pile up on and around the couch.

And I confirmed my clerkship living quarters today. Turns out the extended stay hotel I'll be at for a week is close to Target, which is awesome since I will need to furnish my apartment with the cheapest crap I can find. Cardboard dressers, here I come. And it dawned on me that the salary pissing match the firms got themselves into means that I am losing out on a huge chunk of money for the next two years. Way more than I initially planned on when I went on this stupid boondoggle. Which makes me sad. But then I realize that I won't have to work at a firm for the next two years. Which makes me happy.

1 comment:

you like raisins said...

I had a nightmare that there was an entire question on bankruptcy on the bar. I think I'd just have to get up and leave at that point.